Does Delta Airlines Have Bereavement Fares?
Losing a loved one in a family or in your circle is really a disappointing thing and one will have to include in such kinds of situations for the condolence and share sympathy to the family member. But when things come to travel outside from your country, then it becomes a complicated thing because it is quite impossible to arrange tickets for international travel because finding a last minute flight is a complex thing. But there are lots of airlines that proffer bereavement fares to the passengers and Delta Airlines is one among those. Delta Airlines proffer bereavement fares to its frequent flyer for the varied international route that can be booked as per the policy.
What is Delta Airlines Bereavement Fare Policy?
It is never easy to get bereavement fares on Delta Airlines as you will have to follow the varied rules and restrictions before purchasing bereavement fares to your preferred international route. If you don’t know about does Delta Airlines have bereavement fares and what it the eligibility to get it, then you can follow the below instructions:
- Delta bereavement fares are only eligible for those who have had the loss of an immediate family member that is including grandparents, siblings, in-laws, and others.
- Only Delta SkyMiles flyers are eligible to buy bereavement fares and this is almost free for the SkyMiles flyers. If you are not a SkyMiles member, then you can join it immediately and book your fare.
- You should present the proper document of loss at the airport such as name, relationship with the member, funeral home, and more. You can check the required document for the bereavement fares at the official Delta website.
- Tickets under the bereavement fares policy will be subject to availability that may not be available during the booking time.
- Delta bereavement policy proffers flexibility in the return portion of your trip by waiving any kind of service fee but fare difference will be applicable.
What is the Eligibility for Delta Bereavement Fare?
Before you apply for the bereavement fares on Delta Airlines, you should know about your eligibility. According to that, only SkyMiles members are eligible for that and you can either ask from Delta Airlines live person or you need the below documents to purchase a ticket under the bereavement fares policy:
- Name of the deceased person.
- Relationship with deceased.
- Name, and phone number of hospice, or funeral home.
- Name of doctor if applicable or asked.
How Can You Book a Delta Bereavement Fare?
Want to book Delta bereavement fares to one of your preferred routes? Then you can book it up to 7 days in advance before the scheduled departure of your flight. You can check the flight online by using your Delta SkyMiles account and you can only book these fares after making a phone call. You can dial Delta Airlines reservations number at 1-800-221-1212 and book a bereavement fare in a very simple and quick manner. You can also resolve the queries related to it after dialing this number. You may check the availability of flights under the Delta bereavement fares through the below steps:
- First of all, visit the official Delta Airlines website from your browser.
- You can click on the SkyMiles section available at the top of the page.
- Enter your login credentials and then log in.
- Now you can enter the details and then search for the flights.
- After that, you can easily check the available flights for your destination.
If you still require any other kind of information, then contact Delta Airlines live chat support team and obtain the required assistance from the live representative regarding t bereavement fares. They will simply assist you resolve the queries that you confront when traveling with Delta Airlines.