How do I recover an old Facebook Meta account I can't log into
Facebook is an online social networking media that enables you to connect with different people around the globe. The application is password protected to avoid unusual access to your account. However, there are times when people face trouble while logging in and question about Facebook Meta account I can't log into online. There can be a various cause behind this, but all reason comes with a solution. So mentioned below are some of the causes faced while logging in to the account, along with their solutions
How to recover my old Facebook meta account through a registered email or phone number?
In case if you have lost your account and don't even remember your password, you can recover your account through Facebook Meta Account recovery phone number and mail id. the phone number. The email id and phone number are registered from sign up. You can also use the mail and number to set a new password if you don't remember the old one.
- Through the internet browser, visit the login page of Facebook through your mobile or laptop.
- Enter your email address and the last remembered password. If the system displays that the entered password is wrong, then click on forgot password option.
- The system will ask to select either the registered email id or phone number to share the verification. Select any one of those.
- A verification code will be sent on your selected option. Enter the code and let if verified.
- Once verified, you can set a new password. Make sure to set a strong password that you can remember easily to avoid unusual access to your account. Also, log me out from all other devices to ensure additional security.
Recover your Facebook account from a friend's or family member's account
People often lose access to their registered email id or phone number and still want to recover their Facebook account. In such a scenario, they can recover their account from any friend's or family member's account by following the below-mentioned steps.
- On the internet browser through your phone or laptop, visit the profile of the account you want to recover.
- Below the cover photo of the account on the my profile section; click on the menu option.
- Select the find support or report profile option. Now you'll find various options appearing on the screen.
- Choose 'something else' and click on next. Again select 'recover this account' and follow the on-screen steps.
- Facebook will ask you to match some of the friends' names with the account. Match the name with the correct account and verify your account.
Recover the account through an alternative email address or phone number.
If you can't access the recovery email id or phone number and want to reaccess your account, you can do so by using any other alternative email address and phone number. However, people should be sure about the recovery email or Facebook Meta phone number, as it can save their time while recovering their lost account. The below-mentioned steps are how to recover your account through an alternative email address or phone number.
- Through the internet browser, visit the login page of Facebook on your mobile or laptop.
- Enter your email address and last remembered password. If the system displays that the entered password is wrong, then click on forgot password.
- Since you have lost access to your recovery mail and phone number, click on try recovery from another method.
- Now, enter the alternate email address in the required column and submit the request.
- Facebook will respond to you through the alternative email address within 24 to 48 hours. You'll be offered a link through which you can regain access to your lost account.
- Click on this link and follow the on-screen process to regain access.
- Once you regain the access, set a new password to avoid unusual access to your account. Also, click on log me out from all other devices for more security. Confirm the password.
- Please make sure to enter a strong password which is easy to remember, so that in future you don't face any trouble.