Korean Airlines Cancellation Policy
Have you recently booked reservations with Korean Air, and due to some unavoidable reasons, you need to cancel your bookings with the airline? Well, then you can put all your worries at bay as the airline offers a separate provision to the passengers to cancel their booking with the airline. So, for those planning to cancel their booking and claim a refund for the same, then one can check out the information provided in this article.
Guidelines for cancelling reservations booked with Korean Air
For the passengers who are planning to cancel their itinerary booked with the airline, it is required that they have complete details regarding Korean Airlines cancellation policy that includes the following conditions:
- The reservations that are booked online are permitted to cancel their booking one week before to 24 hours before the actual departure of the flight.
- In case, if the passenger has booked refundable reservations, then the passenger can even claim a refund.
- And if the passenger cancels the reservations within one day of the booking, then no cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
COVID-19 cancellation and refund guidelines
- As per the recent update, for the passengers who have booked international flight tickets scheduled departure between 4th March 2020 and 31st March 2021, the cancellation penalty is waived off.
- Further, for the passengers who have claimed a refund for the award tickets booked during the pandemic situation, the refund mileage will be available for use until 31st December 2021.
Info about The Refund Policy of Korean Air
Besides, for the passengers who are wondering about the guidelines for the Korean Airlines refund policy, they can check out the pointers mentioned below and claim a quick refund for their cancelled reservation.
- Once the passenger submits the request for the refund, the amount will be processed within 20 business days.
- For the cancellation that is made 91 days before the departure, then the amount will be credited back to the source account.
- And for the cancellations made between 61-90 days, a cancellation penalty of $26 will be deducted from the refund amount.
- Further, the cancellation penalty fee for 15-60 days and 4-14 days are $44-$262 and $52-$315.
Thus, these are the few guidelines that one requires to follow before cancelling and claiming a refund against the Korean Air reservations. Besides, for the passengers who are looking for details regarding the cancellation procedure, they can check out the detailed steps mentioned below.
Cancelling reservations booked with Korean Airlines
Keeping the key pointers of the Korean Airlines cancellation policy in mind, here is the cancellation process that one can follow.
- Click on the My Trips option on the airline website.
- Mention the reservation code and the full name of the passenger.
- Retrieve the booking and check the cancellation eligibility.
- If the reservation is eligible, simply opt for the cancel option and confirm the same.
Reaching out to Korean Airlines for assistance
For any reason, if the passenger fails to cancel their booking online or have any queries regarding the policy, then one can dial the Korean Airlines customer service phone number to contact the airline representative to seek the required help for managing the booked reservation and claiming a quick refund against the same.
For a reservation that is booked and ticketed through Korean Air ticketing office, Korean Air Service center (800-438-5000), or Korean Air homepage (www.koreanair.com Open in new window) one week or more prior to the first departure date of your itinerary, you will receive a refund for the ticket without penalty.
|Category||Region||No-Show Penalty||Cancellation after entering the departure area|
|Long Haul||America/Europe/Middle East/Oceania/Africa||USD 120
|Medium Haul||Southeast Asia/Southwest Asia/Tashkent||USD 70
|Short Haul||Korea/Japan/China/Hong Kong/Taipei/Ulaanbaatar/Vladivostok/Irkutsk||USD 50
Are Korean Air tickets refundable?
Refund Penalty and Refund Service Charge are exempted when refund requests before 91 days or longer prior to departure date. In case of combination of fares, the most restrictives rule applies. In case of itinerary not originating from Korea, refund penalty are applied regardless of refund request time.
The Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) intends to require airlines to provide a full ticket refund—and not charge a cancellation fee-if a passenger chooses to cancel their flight 90 days or more before their departure date. “Essentially, it removes non-refundable tickets from the market.
A. Many airlines do still offer what are called compassionate fares or bereavement travel. Other airlines that offer compassionate fares include Air Canada, Air France, Air New Zealand, American Airlines, Continental, Delta Air Lines, Lufthansa, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Vueling and Westjet.
How much is the tax refund in Korea?
Tax Refunds on shopping at a franchise
After making your purchase (over 30,000 KRW), present your passport to a store employee and request a tax refund form. You must possess both the refund form issued by the store and the receipt of purchase until departure.