How can I recover my FB account?
In case you lost your Facebook credentials and are looking forward to recovering your account, there are several ways. You can recover the account via email, security questions, phone numbers, etc. You can first verify your account and later reset the password. You can go to the link facebook.com/login/identify in case you lost the email id. Moreover, the detailed information is given below for your reference; follow it to recover your FB account.
Follow the step-by-step process below to recover your Facebook account
- Go to the Facebook account login page.
- You need to click on the button that says 'forgot password.'
- The screen will take you to another page, where you will get several options to verify your account.
- The options are given below; you can opt for any of these to verify and recover your account.
Via phone number
- If you select the text option, you will get a verification code on the registered number.
- Enter the verification code on the page on your screen
- The system will take you to the password recovery page
- There you can create a new password and login into your account again
Via Email address
- If you choose the email option, you must provide the registered email id.
- The system will send you the verification copied on your email address
- Enter the code you get on the verification page, and you will jump to the password restoration page
- You can there create a new password and login into your account again
Using security question
- If you choose this option, you will need to answer the security question you set up when creating your account.
- Once you answer the question correctly, you will be jumped to the password restoration page to reset and recover your account.
So you can use any of the options above to recover your Facebook account anytime.
What is my Facebook ID password?
If you are not logged in to your Facebook account and don't know the password. Here are the simple steps you can follow to reset it. Once you reset the password, you can use the new one to log in to your account.
Reset the password (If you are not logged in)
- To reset your password, in case you are not logged in
- Go to the sign-in page, click on the tav 'Forgotten password
- Please provide your email address, mobile number, full name, and username associated with it, and click on the search
- You need to follow the on-screen instruction, and soon you will be able to retrieve the password
Change the password (If you already logged in)
- If you are already logged in, scroll down the page, and click on settings and privacy.
- Hit the tab 'password and security and click on the change password
- You need to type the current and new passwords, re-type to the box given and click on save changes.
- For security reasons, Facebook doesn't allow you to use the same phone number which is being used for two-factor authentication and allows you to reset the password. You can use a different phone number or email id to reset the password.
How to find my Facebook password without email and phone number?
If you used your Facebook account password after a long period but could not remember the credentials anymore, do not worry. Here are the methods you can try to recover your password.
Use an alternate email id or phone number to log in
You can use an alternate email address or phone number to get your account back. Moreover, here are the detailed steps you can follow to do so:-
- You need to use the computer, or mobile phone, whichever you used previously, to login into your Facebook account and then go to facebook.com/login/identify and follow the instructions on the screen.
- You can also click on the tab forgotten password and choose the alternate ways to reset your password.
Check if your mobile number is correct
- Ensure that the phone number you entered is correct and includes the country code.
- In case of any extra zeros, plus sign (+), or other special characters, you need to leave them out.
Regain access to your email account
- If you signed up using an email address but can't access the email account, try contacting the email service provider and get your email account back.
- To begin with, check the email sign-in screen and look for the option Trouble signing in? Or Forgotten password?
- Once you successfully regain access, you can follow the resetting your password steps discussed in the content above to get your password.
Can Facebook send me my password?
No, Facebook cannot send you your password copy without resetting it. If you have logged in already, change the password by visiting the settings tab. If you find it difficult to log in or remember the password, change it. Besides, remember that you need to retrieve the registered email id or phone number associated with the Facebook account to reset the password successfully. Moreover, you can follow the recovery steps if you cannot access the registered email address or phone number.
Recover Your Facebook Account in case you cannot Log In
If you tried several times to log into your account but can't access it, here are the following methods you can opt for to recover your Facebook account.
Recover your Facebook account with the help of the Find your account page
- To begin with, open the find your account page by clicking on the link facebook.com/login/identify and follow the self-explanatory instructions. Ensure to use a computer or phone which you used earlier to log in to your account.
- Now search for the Facebook account you wish to recover. You can search your Facebook account by name, email address, or phone number.
- You need to follow the screen instructions to reset your Facebook account password.
Recover your Facebook account using your friend's or family member's account
- From the computer, log in to the Facebook account of your friend and family through which you want to recover your account
- Then go to the profile of the account you wish to recover
- Click on the three dots icon below the cover photo
- Select the tab Find support or report profile
- Click on 'something else and then click the next button
- Then finally click on 'recover this account and follow the prompt instruction on the screen to recover the account